Re: [OM] OM1n & PX625

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1n & PX625
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:00:50 +0100
:Alternatively, you can bid for them on "e-Sodom".  Yesterday,
:a pair of PX675 Hg cells sold for $29(!).  Could the options
:on Dutch tulip bulbs be far behind? :-)

I wouldn't know, but I can tell you the Dutch price of tulip bulbs, uhh,
Varta V625PX 1.35 Mercury cells: only Hfl.7.95 = US$4 :-) Bought two of them
today, when I was shopping for this 105/2.8 Kiron 1:1 macro lens nobodoy
seems to know anything about :-(. Nice lens, btw.
I was alarmed by an article in the latest Dutch Camera Magazine that said
production and sales of these cells are now (per 1-1-1999) also in the
Netherlands (but maybe in all other EC countries?) prohibited. Oops, what
about my OM-1 and Canon Canonet GIII-17?
Well the salesman didn't know anything about these new laws and still had
plenty of them. But for how long? Would buying twenty of them for myself be
exaggerated? Maybe I should buy thousands of them and become "Hanz, The
E-B*y Mercury Shark", asking 700%, nay, 10000rofit :-)

Hans