Re: [OM] OT: Alps/Epson Print Comparison

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Alps/Epson Print Comparison
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 00:45:42 EST

Translation (credits to Altavista Universal translator):  I do this because it
makes me think I'm on the Star Trek crew.

Alps Europe withdraws itself from printer market. With immediate effect
the US-American hardware manufacturer Alps from the European printer
market withdraws itself. The entire product range is not available any
longer, the new thermal sublimation printer MD-5000 is, as original to
be planned, not introduced. Alps grants also in the future technical support
for customers in the context of the guarantee period. Also cases of repair are
to be handled. Alps will sell computer peripheral device further in Europe
such as
keyboards, Switches and adapters. The enterprise did not call a reason
for the retreat from the printer market.

Warren Kato