Re: [OM] identify this cord, please

Subject: Re: [OM] identify this cord, please
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:12:32 +0100
:One connector fits nicely into the round hole at the bottom of a Winder
:1 (in the center of the selector dial - SINGLE<->OFF).  It is barrel
shaped.
:The other connector has what appears to be a cable release.  It screws
:neatly into the shutter release of an OM1-MD and has a sliding pin
:suitable for releasing the shutter.

Both Winders can be powered by the M.6V Power Pack 1 or 2. This unit is
intended for low temperature Winder operation. I don't have this unit, but
what I can tell you is based on info and pictures in the Sales Information
File. The cord that connects the Pack with the Winder is 1.2 m, the plug
that goes into the Winder you're familiair with, and the plug that fits the
Pack appears to be a flat bi-pole plug normally used for 9V batteries.
IOW this cable has nothing to do with the Power Pack. So one side of this
cable is for electric contact, the other for mechanical? The M.Home-Brew
Fools Day Cable maybe, to test the average intelligence of list members? I
don't know.

Hans