[OM] 50mm metal hood

Subject: [OM] 50mm metal hood
From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:20:44 -0500
It is shown with (I think) a 50/1.8 and a metal hood.  Is this the normal
metal hood for this lens?  I've only ever seen the rubber push-on type which
can be used on the 35/2.8 too.  Thanks,
Simon E.

=====
I just bought one of those metal hoods myself and found it to be of much
higher quality than the rubber push-on hood I used to have for my 2.0/40.

This one has beautiful green engraved numbers stating that it is for the
1.4/50 and the 1.8/50 Zuiko (and 2.8/35mm, I think) and a very shiny chrome
base and a solid tightening screw.  It also fits on the 1.8/50 inverted for
storage - a feature I had almost given up trying to find in the Zuiko line
of lens hoods.  It seems Olympus went through several phases designing lens
hoods and there is very little consistency among hoods for different lenses
and among hoods released at different stages of "Zuiko history".
Jan