Re: OT [OM] rangefinder resolution-Oly RD

Subject: Re: OT [OM] rangefinder resolution-Oly RD
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 10:48:29 +0200
>>>I think all this is just splitting hairs!
>>>(sorry, couldn't resist that.)
>
>Just looked at an M6 today.  Doris can't be too far off-base on this.  If I
>decided that the SLR world wasn't for me anymore, I'd know exactly which
>camera to get.  WOW!!!!!!!!
>
>Oh, and I looked at the F100, F5, EOS-1n, EOS-3 and the Pentax 645-AF.
>Report to follow...
>
>Ken

The Pentax 645N (AF) I have looked at recently. It's a very nice camera. An
M6 I have not tried till now, but I tried the Mamiya 7, which is similar to
the M6 in medium format, I think. The viewfinder of the Mamiya 7 was great
(really great). The M6 is lately available with a virtual viewfinder
magnification of 0,85 (instead of 0,72, remember the 0,92 of the OM-2 or
the 0,57 of Contax G1 and G2). Is it right, that focusing with cameras like
M6 and Mamiya 7 gets the more difficult, the longer the used focal lenth is
? I think the longest focal length of the M6 is 135mm and of the Mamiya 7
is 150mm. What is the left virtual magnification with these tele lenses ? I
think, at one time there were attachments for the M series available for
use of longer tele lenses (Visoflex).  BTW is it normal, that an Olympus RD
focuses a little bit beyond infinity, or is it necessary to adjust the
meter. The metered distances are reasonable though.

Matthias