Re: R: [OM] OM-2000 in Europe?

Subject: Re: R: [OM] OM-2000 in Europe?
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:34:52 GMT
On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 22:23:51 +0100, "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Hi David,
>----------
>
>>Marco - I have looked at the Nicam site and some of their prices seem good.
>>I presume that they do not have it all in stock. Can I ask a few questions
>>on Nicam?
>
>Yes, you have to wait about three months for items they have to get from
>Japan, I suppose (price labels in yen declare the same value that they ask
>you in liras!!!) .
>>
>>- do these prices include VAT?
>
>YES! 20 0n Italy. You pay only what is written.
>>
>>- the red arrows pointing up and down - do these mean that prices HAVE
>>risen or fallen or that they are about to?
>
>They HAVE. f.i. the 2000 kit has fallen. I think they actually have few 2000
>kits ready in the store.
>>
>>- how long do they take to get listed items which they do not have in
>>stock?
>
>I got some Oly items and it took about three months. Other customers speak
>of three days for items available just in time.
>>
>>- can you find an idea of what it would cost to send to the UK - that is
>>beyond my Italian I'm afraid!
>
>The same than to send to Italy asfaik, as mail fees are uniformed in all EC.
>They send inside Italy, COD, for 15000 LIT, that is about 7 EURO, that is
>about 50 pence.
>>
>>I presume they accept credit cards.
>
>Yes, and you can get a discount on (or even null) mailing fees in that way.
>>
>>Thanks and best wishes, David
>
>How is in Cumbria?
>
>Warning: FVL points at the fact Nicam people seem not to manage foreign
>languages very well ;-)
>
>that is, almost like me :-(((
>
>Marco

It is worse than that, Marco.

They just didn't bother to answer any of my written messages (email,
snail mail and fax) in French, German or English! I never got any
reply to the inquiry for information, which would probably have
resulted in a EUR 500+ order....

Someone in Milano has oiffered intermediation now - I hope this helps!

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.