[OM] FS: OM-4 and lenses

Subject: [OM] FS: OM-4 and lenses
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 08:42:35 EST
Hi All, This is an e-mail I received from the guy with the "Tamron Horror
Story" I have no interest or even know him. I just told him to let us know
what OM gear he had for sale, since he originally indicated that he had OM
gear which was unused for a while as he changed to AF.

His e-mail address is:  CANTABENE@xxxxxxx

I have an OM4 body and some lenses for it that I have not used in about 9
years. I bought two OM4s together, and the circuitry on one failed shortly
after the warranty period--the batteries would drain in a few hours, rendering
the camera useless.   To their credit, Olympus fixed it.  About six months
later the other one failed in the same way.  Estimates to repair it run from
$100 to $150.  So I never bothered with it,  which is why it remains unused.
had a couple of old Nikons to fall back on. Would you be interesting in buying
the body and lenses--21mmm f/3.5, Macro 50mm 3.5 and 14 and 25 auto extension
tubes, mint condition, and 28mm f/2, whichs how some wear. And what would you
offer?
Harry