[OM] How about it? was/FS: OM-4 and lenses

Subject: [OM] How about it? was/FS: OM-4 and lenses
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:43:54 -0500
How about it?
Is Olympus OM the only system with these electrical "failures",
or do we just hear of them because we are on the Oly list?
What other camera companies have had these or other design problems?

Charlie L
CPL49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<<I have an OM4 body and some lenses for it that I have not used in about 9
years. I bought two OM4s together, and the circuitry on one failed shortly
after the warranty period--the batteries would drain in a few hours,
rendering
the camera useless.   To their credit, Olympus fixed it.  About six months
later the other one failed in the same way.  Estimates to repair it run from
$100 to $150.  So I never bothered with it,  which is why it remains unused.
had a couple of old Nikons to fall back on. Would you be interesting in
buying
the body and lenses--21mmm f/3.5, Macro 50mm 3.5 and 14 and 25 auto
extension
tubes, mint condition, and 28mm f/2, whichs how some wear. And what would
you
offer?>>