[OM] OT: AE and TTL flash

Subject: [OM] OT: AE and TTL flash
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:59:59 +0200
Hello again,

When using TTL flash with the decent Mamiya and Bronica (maybe also
Hasselblad and Rollei ?) models, you have to set the film speed at the
flash adapter separately. This is in my opinion an interesting feature. In
this way, there is the possibility to combine an automatic exposure (AE)
with an automatic TTL flash. For example, you can set both underexposing by
a third of an aperture, or you can set the one correct and the second
slightly underexposed. This kind of experiment you can't do with the OM
cameras, because of their ADM (which I like otherwise very much). Both the
flash light and the available light are metered simultanously. It would be
possible with the spot metering of the OM-4, because this is stored
exposure value. But you would need the possiblity to set the TTL flash
speed separately. A further problem is, that the automatic metered time
must be longer than the synch time. In this connection, the central
aperture shutter (don't know the English term) of the Bronica lenses or
specialized lenses by other manufacturers is convenient. Is this feature
also available with the modern 35mm wonderbricks ?

Matthias