Re: [OM] OT SLR Research report

Subject: Re: [OM] OT SLR Research report
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:42:46 -0500
>>The F5 did 13 photos all in focus with the 300mm f4 and the same with the
300 f2.8 silent wave. The F90x managed 7 and 7 with the f4 and the same
with the f2.8! The EOS1n managed 9 shots but only 7 were sharp (the last
two were a bit out) on the 300 f4 and 10 with 8 sharp with 300 f2.8, the
EOS 3 managed 9 with 8 sharp on the f4 and 11 with 10 sharp on the f2.8. It
seems autofocus speed is only a small part of the effectiveness in the
field. If the Nikon lenses feel good in their manual focus mode (the Canon
ones feel grating and plastic I hate it) I wish I had bought Nikon for
autofocus. Thankfully I use an OM or Leica M most of the time!>>

Just a tiny bit confused...

Are you saying that the F5 took 15 shots and all were in focus while the
F90x took 7 and all were in focus? IOW, they both focused well only the F5
was faster and had a faster motor drive?

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com