Re: [OM] resolution vs format size--35 vs 67

Subject: Re: [OM] resolution vs format size--35 vs 67
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:53:46 EST
Smaller format lenses do not "always" beat out their larger bretheren. The
lenses of the Mamiya 7 rangefinder do extremely well. According to
"www.photodo.com" MTF test results, the 80mm Mamiya lens (roughly equivalent
to a 39mm 35 lens) equals most highly regarded 35mmF2.0 and F2.8 lenses in
optical quality over the entire 67 frame! I can attest that the 80mm is
extremely sharp since I own it! In fact, those test results suggest that the
Mamiya 7 lenses (43, 50, 65, 80, 150) now define state of the art for medium
format!

Alex