Re: [OM] OM-10 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-10 questions
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:13:15 +0000
Welcome

My nomination for portrait lenses with an emphasis on bokeh would be 100mm f2,
90mm
f2 and 85mm f2 - in that order.  The 135mm f2.8 is good also.

There are two main versions of the 50mm f1.4, single coated and multi coated.
find the SC version to have unremarkable performance.  A 50mm f1.8 MC I believe
would have better performance, however an MC f1.4 is reputed to be very good.
The
50mm f1.2 is a superb lens, having exceptional contrast, even for a Zuiko, is
very
sharp stopped down and has a very nice bokeh.

There was a recent discussion concerning the possible relationship between
bokeh
and the number of aperture blades, the theory being the more the merrier.  This
information has kindly been accumulated by Paul Farar -
http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html

Legends: 90mm f2 macro, 80mm f4 macro, 50mm f2 macro (and f3.5), 100mm f2,
180mm f2,
18mm f3.5

Any of these should keep you happy, though possibly poor, there are more.
the archives for past discussions of "top ten".  The archives are located at
the
home of the list - see URL at the foot of this message.

Giles