Re: [OM] baby's coming - OM-1 flash recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] baby's coming - OM-1 flash recommendations
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:02:25 +1100
> Another simple
> and cheap solution is buying one of these miniature stand-alone flashes with
> built-in slave units (I have one that is labeled 'Vantage remote-flash').

My question is: is the difference in colours between the two flashes
noticeable? The colour temperature of Olympus flashes is 5800 K, a bit
bluer than the usual 5500 K. The colour difference works out to
0.4 decamireds, which supposedly is invisible. Still, some people
claim they can see the difference and try to "correct" Oly flashes
with a Skylight 1A filter (decamired value??), and others say not
to mix Olympus and "standard" flashes. (Actually, 5500K is daylight
in midsummer at Washington, DC, and 5800K is certainly closer to
daylight where I live.)