Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:10:37 EST
 rdavies@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< Thanks to all who replied to my question about OTC/OTF metering on the
 OM4Ti. Now that it has been pointed out it's obvious to me that OTF metering
 _alone_ cannot give correct exposure with shutter speeds above 1/60s.
 Reading the OM4Ti manual you'd never guess this though... it only mentions
 OTF metering. Can anyone indicate a source for the OM4Ti that addresses this
 kind of technical information?
 Thanks Roger Davies

Hi Roger,
You might check our archives from about 6 months ago.  We had a very
informative discussion on the incorrect exposure in "Auto" (OTF) mode at
slower shutter speeds i.e. 1/30 ,1/15, 1/8 caused from various types of film.
My findings revealed a difference of 1&1/3rd stop difference with Velvia and
about 2/3 stops with Astia.
Enough that I no longer use Auto mode at slower speeds.
Good Luck,
Buddy Walters