[OM] Photo processors

Subject: [OM] Photo processors
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:55:40 -0800
I am reliant upon photo processors to develop and print my colour photographs.

I have tried so called "professional" labs, "one hour" strip mall shops,
and mail order out of town photo processors. I have used one of Vancouver,
BC's professional labs for about three years but with very slight unease
that my photos should have been rather better than the end results suggested.

I was then recommended to a one hour processor in a nearby strip mall ....
and my heart leapt to the skies never to return to the pro lab I used
previously. I specify the two day or three service and have not been
disappointed yet.

Am I alone or are the so called professional labs which charge premium
prices something of a con job? The young man who oversees the place I now
frequent tells me that the game is all in the printer person, the state of
the art equipment, the cleanliness of the chemicals, and whether the
printer person can imagine standing in the shoes of the photographer at the
time the photo was taken.

jh

ps: If anyone lives in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia and wants a
recommendation please e-mail me privately.