Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTF metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTF metering
From: "gary edwards" <maitani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:16:34 PST
If you ever run across a film that is significantly different in
reflectance, you will know that you need to adjust your exposure index
within a couple of rolls if you look at the negatives or chromes
critically.  Perhap that is part of the reason that many of us shoot
negative films at a lower than rated exposure index while shooting
chromes at or above rated speed.  Then again, maybe not since I use the
same exposure indices for manual or automatic exposures.

Incidentally, one film that I expect is of different reflectance is
Kodak High Speed Infrared since it lacks the anti-halation coating.  But
that is academic for me since I never shoot automatic exposures with
HIE.

Gary Edwards

>From owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thu Feb 18 10:39:41 1999
>From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
>Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:29:44 EST
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTF metering
>Sender: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>OK, putting on my research hat, here is my primary reference of film
>reflectance in relation to metering tolerance in the OM-2 and
subsequent OTF
>metering cameras  (from The Olympus Way, p. 115):
>***
>The exposure meter system [referring to the OM-2] only has to be
programmed to
>allow for the film speed and for a standard film reflectivity.  Various
tests
>by Olympus, by other camera manufacturers studying film reflection
metering
>and by independent reviewers suggest that the reflection
characteristics of