RE: [OM] Photo processors

Subject: RE: [OM] Photo processors
From: Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:48:10 +1100
Dave wrote (among other things):

> encouraging all labs to keep equipment clean. Any minor
> variations in the
> C41 process results in color shifts in the neg but these can
> be printed out
> if they're not too extreme.  E6 is a different matter -- if
> you find a good
> E6 lab, stick with 'em!

Something I have noticed since I have had access to a film scanner is that
the variation from film to film of C-41 is very noticeable even for the same
film type, just about every film needs specific balancing to get acceptable
colour balance, whereas just about any E-6 film will scan OK with zero
compensation.  Obviously there are slight variations which you may like to
compensate for with different E-6 films, but for C-41 compensation always
seems to be mandatory.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/