Re: [OM] An OM Trading Post?

Subject: Re: [OM] An OM Trading Post?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:06:40 EST
I vote "yes" to the suggestion of an OM trading post. There's no harm in
giving it a try if someone is willing to run it, and if it fizzles out, so
what? nothing really lost in trying, is there? I'd much rather purchase from
someone here than anywhere else. Several times I used e-Bay, only to find that
I know the seller from this list, and wished I had known of the item before it
got to e-Bay.  No offense to anyone who does regular selling  here, AKA :a
business, for I have bought from several of you too, and been very well
treated, and probably couldn't deal with more knowledgeable people,  but I
think some of us may feel better purchasing privately held equipment from
fellow users, this way we know the history of the piece in many instances, and
it usually means the piece was well treated by the previous owner.

Just two more of my cents....
George S.