Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:02:23 +0800
Here I come again to this issue, I think that there are some design or
manufacturing problem on the later black OM4T(i). I have also posted the
testing method below few months ago, there are some people feedback they
have the same problem found (around 1 stop over). But some others reported
that don't found such problem with their champagne 4T. The problem happen
when shutter speed is below 1/60s, no problem found above that. I have
checked my black 4Ti, the OTF flash is very accurate, while the OTF normal
exposure is one stop over. Both are tested with the same lens and the
"demonstration sheet" (for putting behind the shutter) that supply when you
purchase a new 4Ti. With my newly acquired OM4 there are no such problem.
The same problem also found with a black 4Ti demo unit in the OM service
center here in Hong Kong. Are more people willing to try to test your black
or champagne 4T(i) to confirm this problem?

C.H.Ling

> From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering
> Date: Friday, February 19, 1999 2:37 AM
>
> Well done Gary,
> For those that seem to want to argue the point,  We (I think Warren
Kato?)