[OM] Over40/viewfinder blur

Subject: [OM] Over40/viewfinder blur
From: srp <cyberoptix@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 08:24:54 -0800
over40 zuikoholics:
I posted a similar comment a year or so ago re this presbyopia-MF SLR
problem. I apologize to those of you who've already read the spiel.
I have fit thousands of contact lenses over the years on every imaginable
eye type.
While there are a few folks (maybe 2-30f the bespectacled public) who
cannot use contact lenses, nothing beats a contact in the
can't-see-the-viewfinder department.
Just set your shooting eye for the virtual distance (about 1.5 meter per
Vince at Olympus--do you agree, John H?) of the viewfinder image. I
generally use 1 meter to aid in other out-of-camera close focusing, as
well.
Any good doc will know how.
Contacts have never been better or cheaper or healthier or easier to use.
They are a modern marvel.
IMHO using spectacles with any optical instrument is a real pain, no matter
how you try to tweak the set-up.
FWIW, I own no stock in any lens manufacturer and have closed my books to
new patients. <gr>
hasta la vista
/(doctor)srp

>The Olympus Guy has both OM and generic eye cups at what appears to be
>pretty good prices.  I don't use one so I can't vouch for their fit, etc.
>
>http://www.olympusguy.com/NewLArt4.htm
>
>Rgds,
>
>Dave
<snip>>