Re: [OM] PMA Show Report

Subject: Re: [OM] PMA Show Report
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 10:09:41 -0500
At 08:14 PM 2/20/99 -0500, you wrote:
>LAS VEGAS, February 20 -

[snip]

Thanks for the detailed report.

>Contax manual focus equipment wasn't getting looked at much given the
interest
>in their 645 autofocus system.  Nice camera!  Funny how the Aria looks like a
>OM-2000  :-)

Yeah but too bad the OM2000 doesn't have the features of the Aria! Maybe
someone would buy it then <g>! Even me!

>The Leica R8 is an utter monster!  Besides Olympus, Leica is likely to go
home
>sans a few items.  They had equipment all over the counters and too few folks
>to watch over it.  There was a 90mm Colorplan Pro lens on a Pradovit project
>that had to be the biggest 35mm projection lens for its focal length that
I've
>ever seen.  The 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M Aspherical was really bizzare, with its
>concave front element.

Helluva lens, though, one hears...

>Konica denied having a new Leica mount rangefinder camera.

Did you specifically ask that, or did you ask about interchangeable lenses?
I've heard there is definitely a 'Hexar II' in the works, and that it will
have interchangeable lenses, and will be introduced late this year. So the
camera is probably real but may not use the Leica mount.

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com