Re: [OM] Bizarre Zuiko Auction

Subject: Re: [OM] Bizarre Zuiko Auction
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 11:49:14 GMT
On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 20:31:17 EST, PCACala@xxxxxxx wrote:

>BB writes:
>
>> Did you check out his personal profile page and look at the other
>>  auctions?
>
>Yup.  Looks like he is dumping his OM System.  His ads are counter productive,
>IMHO.  Speaking about cheesecake advertising / marketing, at PMA, Samsung
>repeated their COMDEX approach of having dancing ladies on stage.  I fail to
>see the relevence to computing or photography, but there was quite the
>audience of men watching.  UMAX (at COMDEX) was the worst with pro football
>cheerleaders.
>
>I suppose that all those photographer portraits of guys shooting with their
>Big Bertha lenses isn't all that much different.  If I ever get a 40mm f/2
>Zuiko, I may try a self portrait that is a counter statement.
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

I guess the seller is more the kind of a reseller (pawn shop? camera
shop) who has taken in someone elses OM system. He is selling other
stuff (Leica too) and almost all of it got the nickname "BIKINI".
Maybe for an easy way of searching on eBay rather than marketing.
Anyway, I don't understand much of marketing, especially the American
way of it...

Frank.