Re: [OM] o product info?

Subject: Re: [OM] o product info?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:53:48 +0100
:> I have ben recently offered to buy an olympus O product . The truth is, I
:> have no idea wha this
:> camera is, just seen pictures of it.
:> Does anyone have any details? What would be a "reasonable price" for one
:> in mint condition?

I think the Olympus O Product and Olympus Ecru were P&S cameras that were
built to be collectors items in the first place, rather than photographers
cameras. When you look at the picture on

http://olympus.cab.infoweb.ne.jp/Special/CameraHistory/oproduct.html

it seems to be designed for our notorious Spacemen. You can buy new ones for
about US$750-850.

The Ecru on the other hand that can be seen on

http://olympus.cab.infoweb.ne.jp/Special/CameraHistory/ecur.html

looks like it's designed as a 6x6 roll film spy camera (because no one will
guess it's a camera). They're much cheaper: US$275 new.

I think the specs are irrelevant. You're not supposed to take pictures with
them. People would only get scared. Same as with an Olympus OM-1n Gold. Just
waste your money on them, and look at them every day.

Hans