Re: [OM] Shutter speed ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter speed ring
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:40:14 -0500
Thanks John.
It is not actually loose, just "softer" than the OM1.
It has been that way since I got it used and works fine.
I guess I will live with it unless something seems wrong.
Would something like that be checked with a standard servicing?

Charlie L

<<The OM-1 & 2 SS ring may all of a sudden get lose when the spring
(responsible for pressing the ball bearing against the notch in the ss
dial) breaks  or cracks.  Mush of the front of the camera has to come
apart to get at the spring.

John>>