Re: [OM] .42x adaptor

Subject: Re: [OM] .42x adaptor
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:37:24 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:07:33 -0800, Konrad Pizzuto wrote:

>Hey Barry,
>
>Am I paranoid or something?  Have you been literally buying ANY thing
>with glass or 'zuiko' on it that attaches to anything with a shutter on
>it??  I've seen your name on ebay, on the list, on the FS post,....
>jes.. man... you're going to die of OD  sometime.... hehe!!!

I've been unmasked!

>About the adapter, I have borrowed one from a friend and I just held it
>against my 50mm.  They give a 21mm view, right?

In theory, although it looks wider due to linear distortion.

> Just to
>know, how much did you pay for yours (my friend is asking some 40 * 2.65
>dollars for his - new) is it expensive??

$50 new, and given the prices of camera gear on eBay, I can probably
sell it for a profit if I don't like it!

> Or could I get a Zuiko 21mm
>for that price?

If you know where I can get a Zuik 21mm for $50, please let me know!

BBB

-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx