Re: [OM] Yet Another PMA Show Report

Subject: Re: [OM] Yet Another PMA Show Report
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:09:03 -0600
At 12:19 PM 2/23/99 -0800, Gary Attendee #2 wrote:
>On the OM front there was nothing new, although the single OM display
>case was well stocked (see Gary R.'s report for more details).  A new
>Zuiko 350/f2.8 prompted me to ask the sales reps whether this lens was
>still available new.  In response, I was handed a copy of the OM system
>chart, and the claim was made that _everything_ in this chart was still
>available.  When I gently pointed out to the reps that the chart was
>dated 05/87(!), all I got were blank stares, and "Jurassic Park -- The
>OM'Movie" started playing on the monitors... :-)

Another relevant question to have asked would be "Does your pro service have
rentals/loaners available for OM-using pros?" I can imagine the response to
that! However, about 15 years ago I stopped by a little camera shop in a
mall in Jackson, MS. They were an Olympus dealer, and they had a 250 and a
350 on hand, which they let me and a few other customers play with a bit.
The lenses weren't theirs, although I think they would have sold them to me.
They had just been dropped off by a pro who had gotten them as loaners from
OM to shoot the International Ballet Competition in Jackson. The shop had
them waiting when he came into town, and they were about to pack them up for
shipment back to Olympus.

Paul Farrar