RE: [OM] Is the non-MD OM-1 considered "rare"?

Subject: RE: [OM] Is the non-MD OM-1 considered "rare"?
From: Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:38:51 +1100
Dan wrote:

> I just found a new web site that is Specializing in Olympus
> Equipment (no, not the "dude", this place is in Elmhurst, IL),
> I looked at their camera listings, which is quite extensive
> in comparison to others.  Their prices seemed to be reasonable.
> But they have an "OM-1 w/o MD (RARE)" listed with a $375 price

AFAIK there a 2 types of OM-1 without the "MD", the early ones which did not
have the capability of handling a MD or winder, and later ones which had
MD/winder capability but where the "MD" label was dropped.  If the latter
type is rare I'd consider selling mine !

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/