Re: [OM] Is the non-MD OM-1 considered "rare"?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is the non-MD OM-1 considered "rare"?
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 13:39:18 -0600
On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 09:52:57AM -0600, Paul Farrar wrote:
> I just got in a "bargain grade" 35-70/3.6 from Keh. As with an earlier
> BGN purchase, it was in really beautiful shape. At $133, it was a good
> buy, and, I bet, better than The Olympus Exchange's $350 examples.
> Maybe I should try one of their UGLYs. I wonder what their LN looks like.

I got a BGN 24/2.8 from them, and it was in really good shape too...I
wouldn't hesitate to get anythign in BGN or better from them. I also got a
UG 50/1.8, and their comment about optical flaws in their description of
their grading system is accurate: this one has most of the front element's
coating missing. If I could figure out how to extract the glass from the
filter ring assembly, I'd swap it with another 50/1.8's that has a chewed up
filter ring but good glass...