Re: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus OM SIF: phase 2/10 completed!

Subject: Re: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus OM SIF: phase 2/10 completed!
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:40:59 EST
Cc: kurtscam@xxxxxxxx
Zuikoholics:

If anyone is interested in having one of the originals, I've arranged for a
camera dealer to provide up to 3 of them to OM List members.  They are in
perfect shape and are dated 1979, 1981, and 1982.  Each are the original
style, with many ringed binder.  I doubt that any were subject to incremental
updating, so consider them 1) complete as to the date of publication.  Some
have manuals in the back cover holders for some of the Olympus OM System
Groups, like the Motor Drive.

The source is:
Kurt's Camera Corral
3417 Central N.E.
Albuquerque, NM 87106
USA
(505) 266-7766
kurtscam@xxxxxxxx

The folks in the know are either Bill Haddad (Sales Rep.) or Jim Kubie
(President).  Price: $46 each.  Add shipping via any shipper desired.

It appears these came out almost every year and Olympus didn't bother to save
money by just issuing page updates.  They just gave out new books!  I also saw
a very early example of the OLY SIF in a Ponder & Best sales manual (the
original US distributor) not for sale.

At PMA, I lerned the SIF was discontinued about 5 years ago, and stocks were
depleted perhaps 2 years ago.  So these are strictly out of print.  No updated
pages were apparently issued for the OM-3Ti or 35-80mm zoom.

Finally, if anyone reads this far and wants a Varimagnifinder, the same
location has one for $115.  Looked like at least 9+ condition to me - perhaps
new, but no box.

Gary Reese
on the road in Alburquerque, NM