Re: [OM] Is the non-MD OM-1 considered "rare"?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is the non-MD OM-1 considered "rare"?
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 01:00:32 EST
Barry writes:

> I just found a new web site that is Specializing in Olympus
>  Equipment (no, not the "dude", this place is in Elmhurst, IL),
>  I looked at their camera listings, which is quite extensive
>  in comparison to others.  Their prices seemed to be reasonable.

That is Brad Bennett, who specializes in the camera show venue.  His WWW
listing is out of date and an afterthough, in his own words.  I personally
don't care for his prices, plus his condition grades were suspect in two
cases.  I personally examined some of his offerings.  In one case his 9
condition 200mm f/5 had a lazy diaphragm.  Other equipment seemed quite high
for a given condition grade.  Immediately next to him at one show, I bought a
35mm f/2 Zuiko at half his price and at least 5 other OM System components
were half the price.

BTW, his entire business inventory is available to anyone with the bucks to
buy it.  He is a successful artist by trade.

Gary Reese
on the road in Albuquerque, NM