RE: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus OM SIF: phase 2/10 completed!

Subject: RE: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus OM SIF: phase 2/10 completed!
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:35:37 -0600
At 12:55 PM 3/1/99 +1100, Mike you wrote:
>Joel  wrote
>
>>> If it had mirror lockup, I personally would buy one.  I may still buy
>one.
>Beats P&S. <<
>
>Well it's got a mirror lockup from the start of the timer to when the
>shutter fires.  Is there another type of mirror lockup? (I'm no expert in
>this area) or is Joel going to have to wonder down to his local dealer and
>fulfill his promise?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

Mike,

Only the OM-1 has real mirror lockup. There's a slotted tab on the right
side of the mounting flange that mechanically turns the mirror up and keeps
it there until it is turned back down again.

Timer pre-fire mirror lockup is better than nothing. The OM-2000 is no
worse than any other OM in this respect, with the exception of the OM-1,
and it is better than all the OM-2's with the exception of the OM-2S in
having timer pre-fire mirror lockup.

Joel