Re: [OM] OT--Nikon 2000 slide scanner vs Minolta Multi?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT--Nikon 2000 slide scanner vs Minolta Multi?
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 17:25:17 +0100
Jan Steinman wrote:

> The Nikon software also has some serious problems for serious users. ...

> So I scan everything in 48 bits and tweak in in photoshop, since the Nikon
> software is useless...

> My impression is that they spent too much time on the GUI, and not enough
> time thinking about workflow ...

Have you tried Silverfast scanner software?
Here in Europe, it comes bundeled (in an limited version?) with the
Nikon scanner (additional to the Nikon soft).

The say is (haven´t tried it), that it is optimised for workflow,
automatisation of repeated works, working preferences and "smart"
calibration etc..

Regards

Richard