Re: [OM] Opticlean

Subject: Re: [OM] Opticlean
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:39:08 -0600
Hi, Lee.

Please do tell us of the results.  After I sent my original tongue-in-cheek
message, I thought about my "net optical inventory" some more (which
consists of various 'n' sundry Zuikos from 24mm up to and including a
300mm, plus various telescope eyepieces, a Meade ETX that I have a
love/hate relationship with, and a 10" f 4.5 mirror destined for a
soon-to-be-built rich-field Dobsonian) and compared that against the cost
($95) and quantity that you get (roughly 6 fl. oz.) of the Opticlean
product and/or mirror re-coating costs.

Suddenly it doesn't seem like such a bad deal, especially if it's the only
game in town.  Still, it better be good soup for that price.  If I owned
any of the Zuiko high-dollar/super-speed/super-lenses I'd be thinking about
it even harder.

I seem to recall reading in the Shutterbug article that the solvent vehicle
in this stuff dissolves plastic.  Be careful.

regards,

Mahlon