[OM] "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"

Subject: [OM] "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 07:07:28 -0800
"I took my beautiful [85/2] lens to a local shop for repair... as I move the
aperature [sic] ring from f2 gradually to f16, the aperature [sic] blades close
slightly (about f4 to f5.6) and remain that way. When the depth of field preview
is
closed (or the shutter fired) the aperature [sic] closes down as it should, and
returns to the partially closed state (f4 - f5.6).

"I pointed this out and he's had the lens for 10 days. He tells me that the f2
is designed to close down slightly as the aperature [sic] ring is turned, and
there isn't that much space in the lens barrel to accommodate this."

Utter, TOTAL baloney. I have an 85/2 (SC, serial 106xxx) in my hand as I speak,
and the aperature [sic] remains fully open as you turn the ring. He's a dirty,
stinking, rotten, filthy liar. (And he probably isn't nice to his mom, either.)

It's "obvious" (?) that the DoF button is still damaged -- it's partially
depressed all the time, causing this partial stop-down. I'd suggest returning
the lens to the UK's Olympus importer for repairs -- and insisting that this
incompetent boob of a "repairman" return your money.