Re: [OM] What do you get with a used item?

Subject: Re: [OM] What do you get with a used item?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 10:54:02 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 05 Mar 1999 06:49:17 -0800, William Sommerwerck wrote:

>Many used items are missing caps, instruction books, or other accessories. It
>makes sense (and profit!) to strip these from the items that have them and sell
>them separately to those that want them. This eliminates the awkward situation
>of an excellent-condition item not having its accessories while a
>poor-condition
>item does.

I am inclined to disagree. It seems reasonable to me to sell a lens
with protective caps. If for no other reason, a lens shipped with
caps will arrive with clean unscratched glass. Certainly the lenses
I've sold (I've been building my lens collection and weeding out the
"no longer needed" lenses on eBay or elsewhere) have gone out with
caps - to protect myself and the buyer.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel