Re: [OM] OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4
From: Frank.van.Lindert@xxxxxxx (Frank van Lindert)
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 21:07:21 GMT
On Sat, 06 Mar 1999 12:51:11 -0500, David Fineman
<reddogue@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have recently acquired a fully overhauled OM-4 and several lenses from
>my son who has switched to another system. The camera underwent a
>complete overhaul and seems to be functioning perfectly. Olympus was
>good enough to send me a copy of the instructions, but I still have
>several questions. Does this camera have TTL flash capability?

Yes, it does.

>If it
>does can someone suggest a flash for it that uses a dedicated module and
>also bounces and swivels? At this point I need all the help I can get.

You could choose the Olympus T-32 flash, but for complete swivel and
tilt you will need the matched bounce grip 2 as well and a so called T
series auto cord to connect camera and flash.
Both are often offered for sale used, price about $80-100 each.

There are some aftermarket solutions too, like some models made by
Metz, vivitar or Sunpak. With all of these you will need to find the
special Olympus flash shoe adapter for TTL.

>Thanks in Advance,
>Dave

Good luck with your new Olympus camera.

Frank van Lindert