Re: [OM] Powering T32

Subject: Re: [OM] Powering T32
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 21:25:25 +0800
Normally, it is not necessary to regulate the voltage to the flashes, it
will created unnecessary circuitry. Just use four 1.5V cells or three 2V
cells is okay. Some commercial available battery pack is much simpler to
connect, like the 6V dry lead-acid cell. The initial charging current (or
after fully power manual discharge) of the flash is very high, it is over
3A  for T32 if you use low internal resistance cells (like Ni-Cd or
lead-acid).

The circuit voltage will drop if improper regulator is used and 2V voltage
different is barley enough for a 7806 to provide good regulation, if a
current of 3A go through the circuit, I think the output voltage cannot
keep at 6V. There is simply no advantage to use any voltage regulator for
flashes since it draws extra power that require extra cell to supply.

C.H.Ling