Re: [OM] Socket cap (was Camera trade show in Houten (NL))

Subject: Re: [OM] Socket cap (was Camera trade show in Houten (NL))
From: Bill_J._Rice_at_RLT012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:50:03 -0600
Frank Wijsmuller wrote:

<snip>

>I was very pleased to encounter two very small caps to fill the holes
>for the flashshoe on a prism of the OM-1n or 2n. Actually, it took me
>some time to figure out what they were, somehow knowing that I
>would like to buy them. Never seen them before... They have no
>Olympus sign on it so could be aftermarket (what market?).

<snip>

Hi Frank,

I know about the little cap you mention as I found one myself last year. I
can't tell you much about it though.  I have never seen one in any OM
brochures or manuals.  It may have come with the 1n & 2n when they were
sold new or they might have been a dealer give away.  I believe Olympus
made them and they were not aftermarket.  Any list members who got their
OM-1 or OM-2 new ever get one of these caps?

I *do* know that these caps are somewhat of a collectors item.  A while ago
a fellow list member offered US$50 for the cap I have.  I declined.  Am I
crazy?  No, just a hopeless Zuikoholic.  How could I afford to sell
something that is so coveted by others. :-)

Bill Rice