Re: [OM] O product

Subject: Re: [OM] O product
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 23:12:43 +1100
Toby,

I don't have a price, but Vision Age Vol. 11 has a piece about it:

-    launched at a fashion show (Nov. 88) as a limited edition for test
marketing
-    20 000 made, distributed through the US, Japan, and Europe
-    auto-foucus (35mm, f/3.5 lens)
-    built-in motor drive (with rewind)
-    auto-loading
-    auto-exposure
-    auto-flash with matching detachable flash gun
-    self-timer
-    non-SLR

That's all it really says on a technical basis, and some of that came from
the pic, not the piece... emphasis very much on 'stylishness' etc.  Apart
from that, it looks kinda funny (like something out of a Madonna video clip,
maybe - I can just picture it in 'Vogue' or 'Secret') and kinda retro (like,
sooooo 5 years ago....) and seems to me to be, not to put too fine a point
on it, and as we might say in Australia, a bit of a wank.

There's a nice pic of the then newly released OM4Ti Black opposite....
 <--- OM content.... <g>]

Cheers

Andy
wiese@xxxxxxxxxx
ICQ# 12366792

"Egyptian pharoahs fell from the sky...
Fell from the sky, and played the blues"
                        - Transglobal Underground