Re: [OM] 200mm and OM-1n

Subject: Re: [OM] 200mm and OM-1n
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 18:02:15 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias

>Maybe you should also look, if the aperture lever of the lens is too
>"strong". ...

I had a similar problem with an independent maker's zoom lens (can't
remember which) which I'd bought used. On my OM the camera seized but as I
began to remove it from the body the shutter fired. The auto iris lever on
the lens was so much too long that it had scraped a short arc in the matt
black of the pentaprism housing. I returned it to the shop where I had just
bought it, and as I approached the counter, the salesman (who was serving
someone else) handed a Hanimex zoom to his colleague and muttered a few
words to him. As I reached the counter, this chap offered me the lens,
saying "Here, try this one instead, it's the same price" - without my having
to say a word! Clearly an anticipated complaint. The Hanimex was a better
featured lens and I have it still.

Regards,
Keith
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx