[OM] Tripod, Ballhead suggestions

Subject: [OM] Tripod, Ballhead suggestions
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:27:16 -0500
Hi all, Since joining this list I have certainly become a Zuikoholic. I
even purchased a used OM1n to go as a backup to my 4Ti, and it feels
really nice in my hands. {Do you suppose the OM chant has some
influence, leading OM camera owners to experience some sort of bliss
when handling their camera?}

Fortunately I am currently not married and have some $$ to play with,
thanks to that ever increasing stock market. I recently acquired the
"bikini" special 350/2.8 lens (great lens) and realize that I need a
decent tripod for this lens, and for the 600mm, 400mm, 200mm, etc.
lenses. Any recommendations? I know the Wimberly mount on the Gitzo
tripod has been mentioned. Which ball heads are good, do they stick or
freeze, ... quick releases...? I requested a Really Right Stuff
catalogue and it seems to have some useful information. My goal is to
be able to pack this tripod, so weight is an issue.

Also, any suggestions on good camera packs would be welcome too.

Thanks
Wayne