Re: [OM] Re: Olympus for sale (pro-rant)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Olympus for sale (pro-rant)
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:06:32 -0500
I'm all in favor of making nice, but I have to agree with William's post.
Offer it to the list first, at whatever price you want, THEN put it on
e-bay if you can't sell it. Particlularly when it's an interesting item
like a 38 macro.

>be nice!
>
>even if it is hir own stuff, the post was brief, merely pointed out
>that the stuff was for sale, and exited my mailbox almost immediately.
>i don't think it's any worse to auction something than to set a price
>outright (if you don't buy and sell equipment often, you never know
>what its true worth is), and i certainly prefer an ebay auction to
>one held here on the list.

William said
>>If so, I would consider your post as very bad style, this is not the
place to promote e-bay auctions.
If you would realy interested in the Olympus mailinglist, you would give
the members of the list the chance to buy your stuff before you´re
putting it on auction at e-bays.>>

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com