[OM] OM 3 or 4

Subject: [OM] OM 3 or 4
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 00:00:10 EST
My OM 2n was "liberated" recently due to my own stupidity. Oh well, I had
owned it since they first came out so it was goodbye to an old friend. I
stopped at my local camera trader to see what he recommended, another 2n, an
OM3Ti or OM4Ti.
He stated that the best was the OM3Ti but that Oly had not made one in years
and that the ones listed at B&H and others were old stock (not used but
manufactured several years ago.)
Does anyone have any information, pro's or con's about the 4 vs the 3. I will
not be using the otf flash feature (I usually use multiple light setups or
available "dark" so even the OTF features of the OM2n were never used). I am
concerned about the issue of battery consumption, reliability, etc. I still
have several OM1 bodies but I was assured that the OM3 was much sturdier than
the OM1 and there would be more availability of parts if needed.
Any observations and experiences would be appreciated.
Roger