Re: [OM] OM 3 or 4

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 3 or 4
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 02:27:35 -0600
> Does anyone have any information, pro's or con's about the 4 vs the 3. I will
> not be using the otf flash feature (I usually use multiple light setups or
> available "dark" so even the OTF features of the OM2n were never used). I am
> concerned about the issue of battery consumption, reliability, etc. I still
> have several OM1 bodies but I was assured that the OM3 was much sturdier than
> the OM1 and there would be more availability of parts if needed.
> Any observations and experiences would be appreciated.

I love my 3Ti - but it's worth noting that I could get 10 OM-1MD bodies
on eBay for the same price I paid (to KEH) for the 3Ti. (5 even if I
immediately sent each one of for the necessary CLA) If you are
interested in "sturdy" - you can break/drop/crush an awful lot of 1's
before it will cost you more than a 3Ti that never sees the shop.  (and,
you would have a ready supply of parts!)

that said...go ahead and pop for the 3Ti - you don't use the features on
the 4.  It's a wonderful body and does everything *I* need it to do.

(even after acquiring the 3Ti, I've purchased one 1 body and am about to
pop for a complete overhaul of another.  There's room in my bag for both.
But I'm "strictly odd" 1's and 3's only - no 2's or 4's.)

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213