Re: [OM] Happy Lens Mounts

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy Lens Mounts
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 02:30:54 -0600
> > Finally, on this subject, what's the
> >  longest lens you'd want to mount on an OM body which is attached to a
> >  tripod?
>
> In my opinion, a 135mm.  The 200mm is subject to harmonic vibrations from
> shutter system movements in the camera body.
>
> Gary Reese
> on the road in Albuquerque, NM

WHICH 200mm?  the f/4 or the f/5?

And...you mean it's not safe to slap a 1.4X convertor on my 500mm Tokina
mirror and put the whole shooting match on a tripod?  Yup - probably
better to handhold.

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213