RE: [OM] "Cheap" 25mm Automatic Extension Tube

Subject: RE: [OM] "Cheap" 25mm Automatic Extension Tube
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:56:51 -0500
Well, I guess I shouldn't write some of this stuff at 1:00 a.m.  I should
have also included the info that all I removed was the optics "module'.  Of
course, I left in the mechanical part, otherwise I wouldn't have had
"automatic" extension tubes.
Since the optic "module" has to be held in place, that portion of the
teleconvertor is the part that potentially causes vignetting.  A standard
extension tube will have much more open interior space than a modified TC.
However, it seems to work...
In removing the optics from the Vivitar, the optics came out cleanly in one
piece.  The Soligor was more difficult to remove.  It was also complicated
by the fact that I don't own a spanner wrench (eBay here I come again!) and
I used a set of needlepoint pliers to remove the retainers.