Re: Winder Problem (was "[OM] T45")

Subject: Re: Winder Problem (was "[OM] T45")
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:43:29 -0600
> At 03:01 PM 3/18/99 -0600, you wrote:
> >
> >And now..a winder question.  In mid roll, my Winder 1 started winding
> >only about 3/4 of the way (the film was advanced about 3/4 frame and the
> >shutter was about 3/4 cocked - I could "complete" the winding and
> >cocking manually).  Is this a sign of weak batteries...or someting more
> >insidious?  At the time, I manually "helped it along"for a few frames,
> >and then removed the winder and tossed it in the bag.  I haven't gone
> >back to investigate.  What should I look for?
> >
> Kenneth,
>
> We probably need to know more.  What shutter speeds are you using when this
> happens?  What bod?
>
> I have had what seemed like a perfectly good OM-1 body work manually at all
> speeds but fail to work with a winder at the longer speeds (below 1/30).
> This actually signals that it's time for CLA (at least that's as deep as I
> can go into it).
>
> That's just one possible stab at it.
>
> Joel

Hmmm.  The shutter speed was probably 1/30 (based on my memory of where
and when I was shooting).  I'm afraid I've forgotten what body I was
using - but it may well have been an OM-1.  I'll run a few tests and see
if the problem follows the body, or the Winder.

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213