Re: [OM] cameraworld.com

Subject: Re: [OM] cameraworld.com
From: srp <cyberoptix@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 10:57:08 -0800
>It's been getting many VERY good customer satisfaction reports on photo
>newsgroups. Ranks right up there evidently with B & H Photo in NYC.
>
>George S.

well, their prices are often hard to beat, esp with free shiping on
internet orders and their frequent sales.
I bought a LowePro waistpack with no problem.
then an epson printer (backordered 2 weeks) with no problem.
THEN a Minolta scanner (backordered 3 weeks)--they sent two scanners (two
orders, two invoices) and charged my visa twice. it took over a week (3
calls to voicemail, 4 emails and 4 faxes) to issue an RA number and then
another 5 days before the UPS call tag to pick-up went through and I am
still waiting for them to refund my credit card.
but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
IMO, CWO salesfolk are rather rude (compared to B&H, OlympusGuy, KEH) and
customer service is very difficult to get hold of and then slow to
non-responsive.
I've emailed them on a few occasions to inquire about this or that OM
doodad and have never received a reply.
Aside [OM Content!]:
Joe at Olympus is sending me the little rubber 'packing' that fits in the
nub (which contacts the camera body strap lug) of the winder2 as a courtesy.
He went to great lengths to assist me (faxed a tech illustration so I could
point out the exact part) on such a small point and was very friendly and
polite throughout.
All together now, "What a great company!"
/srp out

OM Junky Trading Post
http://www.qnet.com/~cyberoptix/OM/tp.html
*please* keep all Trading Post mail Off-List