RE: [OM] Avoiding X-Rays

Subject: RE: [OM] Avoiding X-Rays
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 14:39:55 -0500
On a recent vacation trip to the Holy Land, we traveled on El Al.  They had
installed new, BIG X-ray machines for luggage inspection.  One of the
placards on the side of the machine essentially said "send your film
through here and kiss it goodbye".
I have also seen the Shutterbug article (Dec.?) that said essentially the
same thing.  Also, I've seen other articles stating that the old-style
Filmshield is worthless against the new type X-ray  machines.
I hand carried my 20 rolls of film and had it hand inspected.  Every single
roll was inspected, but it was worth the time and effort.
Brian Huber