Re: [OM] pocketability

Subject: Re: [OM] pocketability
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 08:18:40 -0800
 Most of the
>Styli fit nicely into a shirt pocket -- assuming you've left your pocket
>protector at home. A Minox will fit almost anywhere, but it's surprisingly
bulky
>for its film size. (35mm has 9 times the film area of Minox, but even the
>largest Stylus isn't 9 times the volume of a Minox.)
>
>I tried shoving my Olympus Infinity Stylus Zoom 80 Wide DLX (the thickest
of the
>Styli) into a standard men's dress-shirt pocket. It fits fine, but the
"drag" on
>the pocket is rather noticeable. It fits my jeans pocket, too.

      And lest we forget, probably the best pocket 35 for it's size and cost,
  the original Olympus XA, still my favorite pocket camera. Drawbacks?-only
  one. As a rangefinder, it's not easliy focused in low light (ie,night shots).
  I know, there's ways around that. But if you want to pull it out for a quick
  shot of friends, it's tough. On the other hand, it takes awesome pics :)

                                                     enjoy,
                                                      Brad